Cool people you should look up:

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer travels

I woke up at 11:30 this morning, and the first thing I did was to check the mail.
I opened the mailbox to find.... a soggy envelope containing my passport - it's back from the consulate of India!!!!

This set off a chain of events - calling my travel agent to book my tickets, yelling excitedly to my sister that I will see her in a little over 24hours, and washing the dishes.

Yes, dishes. Because when I leave for a holiday, I like to come back to a clean house.
So the rest of today will be spent:
-taking the last dose of my oral cholera vaccine
-packing all my meds
-packing all my clothes
-updating my Sony Ereader for books for the (long) long flight
-rushing around trying to find Canada-themed playing cards
-calling the credit card company to let them know that I will be leaving the country
-desperately looking for things in my room, until I realise it would be faster to CLEAN room, then pack.
-try and ressucitate my ipod, in case it will work for the trip :)
-pack my camera gently so it won't break on the trip.
-pack ALL my shorts and clothes appropriate for 50C degree heat!! :)


YAAAAYYYYY


2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy it, but I'm not going to lie...I'm excited to be moving north because it won't be quite as hot...and it only gets to be like 37 C in the heat of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great vacation Suzana & don't forget to post some pictures!

    ReplyDelete