Cool people you should look up:

Friday, March 2, 2012

Stomach Flu

I wrote up a whole long story about how I threw up on Wednesday morning, felt terrible, went to work, went to the clinic and had the nurse tell me I had the flu. I also wrote up about how awful I felt but I couldn't skip the stuff I had to do that day. I had also written about the stupid diet the nurse told me to stay on for three days (clear liquid only, no coffee, no dairy, no FOOD) and the gravol and advil she gave me. I skipped it though, because you probably don't care. Lucky you!

Needless to say, I haven't been going to the gym. Wait.. I went once, for yoga. But all I've done has been walking to/from school and placement, because that's all my head can handle right now. I feel great - I only have a headache now, so I've beat the flu. I'm still hydrating and being super mindful about consuming lots of fruits and veggies. I'm a bit busy this weekend with school, so I'll stay away from the gym until Monday.

There's a hooping fitness class that I really want to be in. It works perfectly with my schedule, and I know I'm going to like it because I loved a demonstration class I went to last weekend. I'm a little busy with group projects this week, but I will re-assess for next week. Does anybody hoop?


Here's a picture of the Detroit side of the river on one of my runs since my last post:



1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you are feeling better about a bout of the flu. I have had that, too - not.nice. :( I really like your pic of the Detroit skyline - I love this kind of scenery while running, but I have to leave London to find it! :) get your sleep, drink plenty of fluids, and here's to feeling 100% sooner than later. :)

    ReplyDelete