I know I have a long way to go, but here are just a few things that I can think of, that I do regularly to reduce my pollution to this world.
- I turn off any lights that I am not using. I regularly turn off the kitchen lights (to piss off my roomates)
- We use re-usable recycled bags whenever we go shopping.
- I walk to school most of the time, and I bike to work whenever I miss the bus. For the first two years I lived here I travelled by bus as I did not have access to a car.
- I am a vegetarian. I'm not going to get into this one, but less energy is lost through the food chain as there are less levels. (sun - plants - humans) vs (sun - grass - cattle - humans)
- I try to buy local. I try to buy most of my veggies at the farmer's market... which at this time of year isn't very local, but this is more helpful in the summer!
- I try to buy less packaged and bulk-products. Hopefully this helps in a little way.
- I don't flush every time I go to the washroom (numbers 1s).
- I shower less than once/day. I wont tell you how often, and I try to keep my showers about 10 mins long.
- I hate wasting papers when I print, so I've been collecting already-printed papers that have a blank side. I print on the blank side :) I've also recently made a notebook this way.
|One-sided papers folded in half and hole-punched into a neat re-cycled notebook.|